Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paleo Diet

           Today I'm finishing up my third day or the Paleo diet. I'm still doing my research about this diet but my mom has been following it quite faithfully for the last month or more and she has had some great results and she says she has a lot of energy and less cravings and less headaches. I thought I would try it out as well sense I am home from college for Christmas break and I can just eat whatever she is preparing.
          This is what I know about the Paleo diet.  Paleo is short for paleothilic diet which is the time period that the cavemen and woman lived. This diet is based on things that people in this time period would have had access to eat. It's basically animals and vegetables with a little bit of fruit.  Science has shown that this ancient way of eating is the way our bodies were designed to eat and that it's the healthiest way to feed your body. The first two days were kind of hard because I am so addicted to carbohydrates that all I wanted was crackers and cookies! But today I have felt more in control of my cravings and I have enjoyed the foods I have eaten. Tomorrow I will weigh in and start my workout routine. (I have been really bad at working out lately) If anyone has any input on the Paleo diet I would love to hear it!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment